Thursday 20 October 2011

I told you so!!

I’ve experienced first hand the tremendous benefits of running, and always try to convince my family and friends to take it up.  All of these years I feel like my message has been falling on deaf ears….until recently! =)

This past Sunday I ran the Scotiabank Toronto Marathon 5k race, like I do every year, but this time I did it with 3 new runners!!  I was able to somehow convince my brother Pj, my sister Jen (who by the way is the most inactive, out of shape person I know) and my friend Jenine to run it with me.

And just as I suspected, they absolutely LOVED it!!  

My sister said she got her second wind when she saw our family at the 4k mark.  My brother could not stop smiling and quickly asked me when our next race was.  And I actually just got a text message from Jenine saying that she is signed up for the Niagara Falls 5k run this weekend.

So to all of you reading this, put your shoes on and get moving.  Trust me, as crazy as it sounds, running is actually super fun…and addictive! =)

Rachelle


Running can't be that bad, look at how happy we are!




No comments:

Post a Comment